(Midlands based – Cannock Offices)
HELPGB are a HR & Health and Safety Consultancy based in the Midlands with over 18 years’ experience working with SME’s to provide commercial solutions.
We pride ourselves on assisting our clients with advice and guidance tailor made to their needs.
Due to our growing client base, we are looking to add to our team again!
We have an exciting opportunity for an individual that may be looking for a career change into H&S – or maybe has held in internal role, with H&S duties.
This is a TechIOSH to GradIOSH Scheme with structured career progression, you don’t necessarily need to be a TechIOSH member, but do need the suitable level 3 qualification (more detail below)
At HELPGB.com we do try to do things differently.
We are, first and foremost, people focused – high-quality service delivery is what we constantly strive for.
Who we are:
- Genuine team spirt with friendly colleagues
- We are client centric
- We provide a supportive environment for professional development.
- We have a strong culture of employee ownership and accountability.
Some of the sectors we work in:
- Supply chain
- Logistics and warehousing
The ideal candidate will have great interpersonal skills and be able to adapt their stye to meet the needs of the client. No two clients will ever be the same, so there is plenty of variety of work and you will need to adapt your approach to each client.
You will be good at time and workload management and, on occasions, be a multitasker.
About the role:
- Mix of field, office and home based.
- You will use your technical expertise to develop management systems, carry out site audits, produce risk assessments and provide advice and guidance.
- You will be supported by more experienced colleagues and input into problem solving.
- Develop client relationships and provide ongoing technical advice.
- Assist our clients with H&S Accreditations such as CHAS, ConstructionLine and SafeContractor.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A NEBOSH, NCRQ or NVQ qualification (or similar) at Level 3 or above – This is the TechIOSH entry requirements.
- A genuine desire to grow your career within a supportive company.
- A willingness to learn and develop further.
- Excellent communication skills
- Good understanding of common IT tools – MS Word, Excel etc.
- A flexible approach to work, Some days are short, and some days are long!
- Full, clean driving licence.
What really matters is your ability to treat our clients well.
The successful candidate will be able to give clarity to complex health and safety information so that our clients understand it.
What we offer in return:
- A starting salary of £26k – increasing pay as skills, experience and qualifications develop.
- 31 days holiday including bank holidays plus a day for your birthday after one year’s service!
- Pension scheme
- Private health care
- Birthday bonus
- Professional coaching, development, and funded training
- TechIOSH via NCRQ Diploma to GradIOSH – up to Chartered Practitioner (CMIOSH)